The ICGC/TCGA Pan-Cancer Analysis of Whole Genomes Consortium. (2020). "Pan-Cancer analysis of whole genomes." Nature. 578:82-93.
- PhD. in Molecular Medicine, Universidade de Santiago de Compostela (CiMUS institute), Spain.
- 2016 – 2022 expected
- Specialization in Cancer.
- Title of Doctoral Thesis: “Evolution of bivalve transmissible cancers”
- MSc. in Bioinformatics, Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona, Spain.
- 2015 – 2016
- Specialization (elective module) in Genomics.
- Title of Master Thesis: “The Full Catalogue of L1 Active Loci in the Cancer Genome”
- BSc. in Biology, Universidade de Santiago de Compostela, Spain.
- 2011 – 2015
- Third year abroad at Université Libre de Bruxelles (Belgium) with an Erasmus scholarship.
- Title of Degree thesis: “Interpopulation variability in the level of photosynthesis inactivation by heat stress in Arbutus unedo” (With Honours)
|English||C1||IELTS certification in July 2021; CAE certification in December 2014|
|French||B2||DELF certification in May 2020|
|Galician||C1||Celga certification in July 2011|
According to The Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (A1/2 = Basic user; B1/2 = Independent user; C1/2 = Proficient user)
- 2021 – ongoing: Research Assistant (bioinformatics technician).
- Institution: The Francis Crick Institute and University College of London, United Kingdom.
- Duties: bioinformatical analysis
- Supervisor/s: Veronica Kinsler
- 2018 – 2021: Predoctoral researcher.
- Institution: University of Santiago de Compostela, Spain.
- Duties: continuation of doctoral studies
- Supervisor/s: Jose M. C. Tubío and Seila Díaz Costas
RESEARCH STAYS AS A VISITING SCIENTIST
Number of research stays: 4
International research stays: 3 (United States, Ireland and South Korea)
Research and Academia
|ORCID||WOK ResearcherID||Scopus Author ID|
Pan-Cancer analysis of whole genomes identifies driver rearrangements promoted by LINE-1 retrotransposition
Rodriguez-Martin, B. et al. (2020). "Pan-Cancer analysis of whole genomes identifies driver rearrangements promoted by LINE-1 retrotransposition." Nature Genetics. 52:306-319.
Aberrant integration of Hepatitis B virus DNA promotes major restructuring of human hepatocellular carcinoma genome architecture
Álvarez, E. G. et al. (2021). "Aberrant integration of Hepatitis B virus DNA promotes major restructuring of human hepatocellular carcinoma genome architecture." Nature Communications. 12:6910.
Assessing the elemental fingerprints of cockle shells (Cerastoderma edule) to confirm their geographic origin from regional to international spatial scales
Ricardo, F. et al. (2022). "Assessing the elemental fingerprints of cockle shells (Cerastoderma edule) to confirm their geographic origin from regional to international spatial scales." STOTEN. 814:152304.
Mitochondrial genome sequencing of marine leukaemias reveals cancer contagion between clam species in the Seas of Southern Europe
García-Souto, D.#, Bruzos, A.L.#; Díaz-Costas, S.# et al. (2022). "Mitochondrial genome sequencing of marine leukemias reveals cancer contagion between clam species in the Seas of Southern Europe." eLife. 11:e66946. (#equal contribution)
Number of talks: 14
Number of posters: 12
Number of awards: 3
Full detailed list can be checked here
Mentoring, Teaching and Outreach
Skills, training courses and certifications
Full detailed list can be checked here
4 scientific prizes
2 litterary prizes
1 drawing prize
Grants and Fellowships
- 26-28/05/2021: Conference organization. Member of the organizing and scientific committee for the VIII Youth Researchers Meeting in Santiago de Compostela (Spain) with 300 attendees. The programme comprised three plenary talks, three parallel sessions gathering 135 short oral communications and exhibited 67 posters. Watch here the “Awards and closing speech” or Check here the news
- 2021 – 2022: PhD alumni representative. Spokeswoman of doctoral students on the International Doctoral School Direction Committee (EDIUS). Universidade de Santiago de Compostela, Spain.
- 2017 – 2018: PhD alumni representative. Spokeswoman of doctoral students on the International Doctoral School Committee (EIDO) and representative of the Quality Commission of the same body. Universidade de Vigo, Spain.
- 2016 – 2018: Consortium secretariat. Secretary of the International Common Cockle Genome Consortium (ICCGC). Three face-to-face symposiums were organized to address the goals of building a reference genome for the cockle species.
- 2021-present. Society of Spanish Researchers in the United Kingdom (SRUK/CERU) (Active member of the Wom=n Equity & Research Committee)
- 2021-present. The Spanish Society for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology (SEBBM) (Member; number: 8706; proposing partner Dr. María Mayán)
- 2020-present. Confederación Intersindical Galega (CIG) (Member of this labor union in my region of origin)
- 2020-present. InvestiGal (Member)
- 2019-present. Asamblea de Investigadoras de Compostela (AIC) (Member)
- 2019-present. European Association for Cancer Research (EACR) (Member and Ambassador; number: 28748)
- 2019-present. Asociación Española de Investigación sobre el Cáncer (ASEICA) (Member; number: 1746)